Thursday, January 3, 2008

Welcome

Welcome! This writers strike has now entered its second month. Really it hasn't affected me until now, since many of my favorite shows still had some new episodes until recently. Since I have not been asked to broker an agreement between the writer's guild and producers I have come to the solution that I can't watch one more game show or reality show. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Now I'm not talking "Reading a book" desperate but I need to go back in time in TV and maybe even across the pond. Now I love TV, always have, always will. It's been a good friend. Face it, garden slugs have gotten more out of life then I have.

So what am I doing, with my Netflix and great local video store, Media Wave, I will be having theme weeks, some of the themes being considered. Sitcoms of the 80's or Classic Cop Dramas. I've never seen Hill Street Blues or the Bob Newhart Show, and now is the perfect time to start.

I will chronicle my TV watching and will be looking for recommendations on what to watch. I will also try to keep you updated on the latest writer's strike news and late night wars.

Cheers!

No comments: