Sunday, January 6, 2008

The brilliance of Jeffery Tambor


A little bit about myself, I grew up without HBO so I only heard about the Larry Sanders show never actually saw an episode. That all changed today. Wow. What a great show. I watched the first four episodes and can only imagine where it goes from here. (People's choice awards...let me guess, a CBS show will win...ooo zinger). Back to the Larry Sanders show. It has the same feel of curb your enthusiasm and what studio 60 could have been. It's a behind the scenes look at a late night talk show, back in the day of Leno and Arsenio, how I miss the early 1990s. It has a similar feel to "The Late Shift" a movie made about Leno vs Letterman for the Tonight Show.
But lets talk about Jeffery Tambor, he plays the sidekick to Gary Shandling's Larry Sanders. He's brilliant, it's only been four episodes but I would say he rivals his character in Arrested Development.
Another strike update, which all seems to be playing out in late night.
"American Dad!" sucks, thats all I have to say about that.

No comments: